HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

UO Revived!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zailm

PostSubject: UO Revived!   Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:59 am

http://www.uorevived.com

check this shard. it relased last sunday. its a proper UO:R shard, no heal trough poison, no neon colors, no trammel, no bullshit.

this shard will have future go to the website and check it out!

some orcs arrived yesterday, hope to see you guys too. i have a char which i would like to join with.(probably tankmage)

the yew militia also knows about the shard, but dunno if they are coming.

come and play! or at least test it. within the first month of the shard you will get a 7xgm per account (2 accounts) to have a good start.

connect: uor.uorevived.com, port: 2593 as usual.

afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 am

btw, if anyone who is interested see this: im willing to farm with you together (put my gold in your pot) to buy house and guildstone asap.

ICQ/AIM: 635349401

msn: desperado86@hotmail.ch

ingame Zailm/Hektor

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:50 am

i noticed a couple of months ago that this forum is pretty dead tbh.

doesnt stop me from playing an undead. i added kraton in icq to ask him about his oppinion and getting advices how to do it.

i will start it soon if you guys dont mind.. uo revived is a great shard and i recommend everyone to join or at least try it.
population is still low but the server was born a week ago! dont wait too long, im allready preparing.

btw: as soon as i see another undead on uorevived with more experience then me i'll make him leader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 am

the guild was created!

i will completely follow the ruleset of the undead to keep everything proper until you guys finally show up.

i think i go like this

-Unborn

-Mage Knight, etc (i think i will give directly template specific ranks instead of the "Undead" Rank

-Elder

-Ancient

i will talk to the leader of the orcs, since it seems like they will grow fast. so we could work together in future.
we both follow the Guardian (Wargod)

i invite you guys to visit us on the uorevived shard even if you dont plan to play.
so we can have a nice chat (maybe you can give me some good advices, etc)

i think i didnt reach the correct color for the Unborn Robe, but almost Twisted Evil

come and visit me, i need you guys...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:51 am

yesterday i met the orkssss from bludchock-hai

we both in chaos to have some action.

there are allready some humans living around Cove trying to constantly terrorise those smelly but friendly monsters.

Their Leader "Krothu" told me he saw an Undead, at least he was talking like an UND. i hope to find him soon. need company....

but it doesnt matter, if i will be the only Undead on the shard its also fine, i'll just stick with the orks. even if i would prefer to have some minions around me...

i also hope to see some non-evil RP guilds as soon as possible. the orks will grow, thats for sure. lots of ppl on the shard are interested in becoming one of em..

our Tower will probably be near the Cove GraveYard, where we (or I) belong to be...

this is probably my last post in this forum....i told you everything so far there is not much more i can do.

from now on i will do things as i feel its right, if you find that a bad idea come and interrupt me Twisted Evil

Gooooddd Soouuulllssssss

Zailm

Ancient of the Undead on UOREVIVED
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nethru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 am

Sounds fun. Good luck on the new shard Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://undead.darkbb.com
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:51 am

Nethru wrote:
Sounds fun. Good luck on the new shard Smile

can you contact me via icq or msn or so ?

i need infos...

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:57 am

when we are 5 members the staff will give us access to the "Undead Town"

awake from your sleep and get your 7xgm char before the end of the month!

or if you see this and arent interested at least ask some UND friends you're still in contact with..

where and why are you all gone ?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 am

2 more ppl and we get the town.

move your ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:05 am

we are 5 members and today i must make 2 of the Unborn to Undead....

since i started the guild i am looking EVERY DAY for contacting you guys via icq or on this board or find out on google what the Guardian's Gift of Undeath is or how i have to do it.

noone helped me, even you Nethru..all you could say is: Sounds fun. Good luck on the new shard

well i dont care anymore about that ritual the search for it on youtube and x websites made me crazy.

everywhere is see that the unborn will become undead after the ceremony, but how the fuck does the ceremony look ? how is it done ? nothing......

im really disappointed.

if this here is the Undead community i dont want to have anything to do with it anymore. we will make our own homepage.

not one little help, not one little advice. i really dont know what to say

screw thisss

"WE" ARE THE UNDEAD NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kraton

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:46 pm

haha, sorry Zalim but you are right. This is a dead forum with no support or activity from the admin... I struggles with it myself when I was active on IPY2, along with a bunch of other things. I would advise you to make a new forum if you are going to keep it active bet remember it is a huge job to maintain a forum and keep it up to date and organized.

I like to hear that you are trying to keep things going on a new shard and I hope all the best for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:49 am

Kraton wrote:
haha, sorry Zalim but you are right. This is a dead forum with no support or activity from the admin... I struggles with it myself when I was active on IPY2, along with a bunch of other things. I would advise you to make a new forum if you are going to keep it active bet remember it is a huge job to maintain a forum and keep it up to date and organized.

I like to hear that you are trying to keep things going on a new shard and I hope all the best for you.

hey kraton i have you in icq: anuber85@gmail.com if its the right one. but you are never on.

when i saw your name on my thread i was hoping at least you gave me some advices about ceremony, etc..again i didnt get ANY info.....

if you guys want to help me i need a bit more then just a "good luck"

the ceremony for 2 Unborns will be held today. and i will have to make something up myself because the only 2 people who saw my thread and questions, wished me good luck...

this is so fucked up right here.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kraton

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Yeah I deleted AIM when I reformatted awhile back. I have it now so message me whenever and Ill answer any of your questions. I am online a lot more now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nethru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:40 pm

The reason the guild falls apart so much is because we are constantly making new forums and hard for everyone to keep in touch. This is probably the most active UND forums so if you need something to be setup just send me a PM. I check here at least once a week to see what's good even though I don't play.
Back to top Go down
Kraton

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:57 pm

If you think the guilds problem is the fact that everyone keeps making new forums we need to talk. I may have only ran UND for a short while but from my experience there was a bunch more problems that I was dealing with from day one.

The fact is I have tonnes of energy to start UND up and lead it to a flourishing guild, and I know I can do this, however I cannot do it on my own and this has led me to completely stop playing the game. I was stressed out and burned out, plain and simple. Nappa and I watched as the "leaders" of this guild came and went as we constantly lost our new members because of our weak community of core undead members. Honestly who is going to stick around in a guild when there is nobody to teach them the ways and show them the ropes. People love the undead theme and I know this because I was adding one new member a day at some of the better points of the guild but we never kept most of them for longer than a week. I only wish they would tell me why the left before they went.

Nethru I agree with you that it is not a good idea to move the guild forums and it would be one of the last things I would suggest however, here I am suggesting it. Why? Well simply because there is no dedication from those who should be active members on the forums. Simply coming and checking on the forums once a week just wasn't enough for us when we were active and basically it disgruntled and frustrated many members, they told me this. I had messaged you four months ago to give me administrative powers and only today I am getting them... Now that the guild has basically vanished. You can thank the dedication and loyalty of Nappa and Wraithwynn and a few others for keeping the undead guild on the map because without those guys we would be history.

I think there is a lot of potential out there for the undead theme, actually I know there is, I have seen it. However without a solid core of deddies who know the lore and also know the RP style to teach new members, the guild will always struggle to keep itself afloat. This is something I struggled with from day one as I was completely new to UND when I joined. By the time I was recruiting and running hunts I was still pretty fresh still I did my best to teach and encourage but it just was not nearly enough. I think if we are able to get a core unit of dedicated RP'ers who are willing to lead and teach new members that would be the best start for the guild on any server, not just IPY2.

This approach is not one that I took when I joined UND on IPY2 simply because I had not planned on leading anything when I joined however my drive and interest for the guild brought me to want to see it grow and dominate the RP community. At this task I failed and now I am burned out and resistant towards the idea of returning... However I do want to come back but I would first need to see that there is enough interest and dedication from others before I return. I am usually on AIM anuber85@gmail.com and also I am usually checking both forums every couple days.

Until then.

all the best,

Kraton

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nethru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:03 am

I just think the interest in an undead guild isn't what it use to be and also UO is and old game and not as many play it any longer. I've tried 2 times to revive the guild on 2 different shards and it always seems to go well in the beginning and then slowly but surely it just dies out (no pun intended). It kind of stinks but it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:00 am

well why dont you guys accept my invite to visit me ? the shard had a bit problems with populaton at start but its getting better, i see new ppl everyday.
the golddroprate is also nice now. you guys dont have to worry, i make you co-owners of the tower and gear you up with armor,weps,bandages,pots,regs,etc..

i must consider we are only 4 active members. 3 of us you can be sure we will never leave this guild.
the orks [URK] on this shard are really nice ppl to play with as long u r not human Smile
they dont pk on sight like the orcs on ipy2 for example. they stand for nice rp and are loved and feared.
you should allways find an ork running around on uorevived. and soon when we are ready and have a few more members we will support our allies the orks in their war against b@d.
some ppl are planning to create a non evil rp guild but there isnt anything yet, so we war the wannabe evil guild of the shard.

i also see interested ppl who ask quesitons etc, i think they just want to see some UND action as well instead of joining blindly...

the staff of the shard care about the rp community. we have a really nice home north of britain not far away from the orks...

outside of here we will place our second tower we allready have and houses to build our village infront of the territory..

good spot to mine...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:10 am

and finally here you can see the Undead Tower

this fire we will use for ceremonies.......

the orks have a really similar home, looks ofc more orkish Smile i like it too.. our homes are not far from eachother....

get your 2 freechars (7xgm) now and join us, you have nothing to lose, bring your minions from ipy2 aswell..

im sure you will like the ruleset of the shard and want to see it grow...and if you dont believe in it just join us for the fun Twisted Evil

contact me via icq, you have my number..or come ingame, the territory is east of the valley of chaos in the mountains..

this is especially an invite to our future Ancient Leader--> Kraton...we are waiting for your orders m'lord......

see you soon....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kraton

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:00 pm

Sorry Zalim but my home is IPY2 and Ill probably be here for awhile. However if I am able to make a char on Revived and come visit you guys I will prolly do that. Just give me a bit to get things sorted out over on IPY first.

Again... message me on AIM I dont know if all my contacts are on my list after I deleted it... I think I lost all my ICQ contacts for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zailm

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:17 am

well you find my icq number on this thread here.

anuber85@gmail.com is NEVER online. didnt see you once online since i joined the guild on ipy2..
so y. get my number and contact me.

btw, im not completely vanished from ipy2. uorevived has a bit problems in the last days..
i see 20-30 ppl on, not more atm Sad dunno why so many left or are taking a break.

i will inform you guys here how it is going on UOrevived.

but i will probably stick with [BRO] at ipy2. last time i joined undead i ended up playing alone because of timezone. maybe i could make another char for UND but as you guys know the skillgain on ipy2 is redicoulus slow so i doubt it....

really sad, my char on uorevived "Hektor" is a badass evil bastard (lumberjack with magery)
i really hope this shard gets to live again. i prepared everything (regs,kegs,armor,weps,etc)
but i will take some time off and check it everyday on Joinuo.com what the online count for uorevived shows me.
dont get me wrong, i didnt give up. i just want the staff to move their arse and get the ppl back they lost in the last week (i will no play with 30ppl,no way). because the shard is great, i love it..but ipy2 is beeing more like a blast atm..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Beyond

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:19 am

Well this reply might be a little late... but you guys are right of course, this forum is pretty dead. For any branch of Und to be successful at this point will require a very dedicated leader and a lot of new recruits. That is all there is to it.
Und historically has always had a low retention rate of new recruits, this was partly by design as unborns were made to do a lot menial tasks and basically be everyones bitch. The idea was that those who made it to full undead would then be truly dedicated members of the guild.

As for the RP, if you know the dress/speech there isn't much else except being creative with it.
As for your question about the unborn ceremony, the ceremonies have changed over time and from branch to branch, but I will tell you as best I remember it. We would always try to do them at the same time/day every week so we could get maximum turnout from members. The Ancient would say some words about the unborns progress, ask them if they are ready to receive the guardian's gift and then kill them in as extravagant as a way as you please. Resurrect them on the spot and hand them their new uniform. Typically everyone in attendance then cheers/cackles/fortheguardian and usually then celebrates the new member by going and raiding some guild/area and collecting souls.

Also there was a little ceremony when adding new unborns to the stone also, the new recruit would need to show up in a deathrobe, if he did not have one he would be asked to return wearing one. The Ancient would then emote cutting the unborn with a knife and draining some of their blood into a tub, with which their robe was then dyed in their own blood.

As I said though not all of the ceremonies were always the same, for example the adding of unborn ceremony was non-existant or different on siege (don't remember) since the unborn and ancient colors were swapped. The most important part is to just be creative and roleplay it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kraton

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:27 am

Dark beyond I cant agree more with your one point. Be creative... well said.

Oh and yes this is a dead forum... pun intended. But it can get pretty active as long as there is effort to make it that way... Razz Just sayin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UO Revived!   

Back to top Go down

UO Revived!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1