Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KnightsBane

Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now! Empty
PostSubject: Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now!   Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:05 pm

I have been working on a game for the past several years known as wograld.
www.wograld.org

It uses the crossfire engine, runs on Linux, is open source/free software and has many features in common with ultima online. However, due to the lack of other developers and the time needed to aquire skills. Much work has already been done by myself and Erebus(also known as Gargathis in WOW) I am starting to wonder if I am going to die of old age before the project reaches production stage (ie, not pre-alpha (where it is now) alpha, or beta.

It is a beautiful tile based 2d multi-player online rpg that does not rely on 3d graphics card libraries. The graphics will be even more vibrant than Ultima Online once I have replaced them with a more vibrant detailed tileset. Some grahpics have already been replaced in order to give it the 45 degree angle prespective. The nice thing is you will probably not have to buy a new computer to play it.

The exciting currently implimented features are
1) random dungeons, UO never had this.
2) several playable races - races will be changed from what is in the crossfire base. Even the original crossfire base includes the wraith race. No other mmorpgs that I know of besides wow has an undead race. I plan to make the races the ever popular rpable humans, orcs, elves, undead, offer two genders for each and several different hair, eye, and skin tone styles to chosse from.
3) many features including custom houses and crafting.
4) server side functions instead of client side to prevent cheating.

Planned features include removing the exisiting level system, and replaceing entirely to make it more UO like with a skill system, and also adding wearable clothing. There is more, you can have a hand in the development and direction of this game since we are still in the early stages. Hand code the combat system yourself. Didn't like pvp in previous games? Fix it till it works. Skill and level system is still up for design and testing purposes.

Complete with in game lore, including a system of nine stupidites, much like Ultima Onlines 8 virtues, only more intresting. Each of thesse nine stupidities will have a themed a shrine and dungeon associated with it. Some lore still needs to be added and filled in. Tell your roleplaying friends, human elfs orcs and of course undead.
Back to top Go down
Amira Zanib
Admin
Amira Zanib

PostSubject: Re: Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now!   Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 pm

just found this ..playing DF is taking all my time and mind forgot to check these boards .

will test Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.game-master.net/~undead/index.html
Dark Beyond

PostSubject: Re: Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now!   Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:15 pm

How's it going? Pestilence from Siege here, it's nice to see some old siege names. The project sounds cool, unfortunately I am too busy with my own coding projects to lend a hand. Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now!   Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wograld Pre-Alpha Join us now!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: General Board-
Jump to: