Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shard Discussion/Suggestions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cespar

Cespar

Shard Discussion/Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:40 am

I'd like some more serious discussion now, about where we are going to take this guild in the future and how we are handling things atm. Everyone feel free to post ideas and suggestions in here. I'll start with two.

Ranks

We have Bone Warrior, Wraith, and Bone Magi atm.
I suggest we have two more rank tiers, to give new people something to strive for, I always loved the ranking system in Yew, here's some suggestions based on popularised undead creatures.

Bone Warrior-> Bone Wight-> Revenant?
Bone Magi-> ???? -> Lich?
Spectre-> Wraith-> Nightmare/Haunt?

Prefixes like Ancient, Elder, Dread could be given to distinguish rank further.

Red Penalties

How are we going to battle them? We have warring with RP guilds to avoid counts, we could do with other measures.
Newbie areas should be off limits to pks I think. Call me carebear, but it's more than just scaring new guys away; it's a waste of cash.

If we go around killing newbies for their trash at 1k a count we're losing money. I think we should also make it clear to red members that they should train multiple accounts and always try to make sure they have 1k in their bank for each short term count. They might want to buy something with the gold, but if they get pally'd it should be up to the member themself to pay the counts off, if they don't want stat loss.

Picking targets that are likely to have several thousand gold on them will be important. And again though it will take a while having characters to play while you're jailed/macroing off counts will be important.
Back to top Go down
Raith

Raith

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 am

I like the idea of a rank system. Give you the feeling you’re working towards something.

I agree we should be a little more choosy with our targets, but from a role playing stand point it wouldn’t make sense for us to pass up on someone because they were too weak, or didn’t have enough money on them. To help the issue, I think we should avoid areas like graveyards, where younger characters tend to train.

Also, to avoid too many counts leave your characters logged on 24/7, even if you cant macro any skills.
Back to top Go down
Cespar

Cespar

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 am

True, I was thinking from a stealther standpoint of choosing targets, but running in the open past people wouldn't make sense.

I personally can't leave my character on 24/7, which is why I intitially suggested multiple characters, but it's a good suggestion, and I do intend to macro off counts when I can.

Another issue is detectives, the only reliable way to combat them is to use a detective of your own.
This would be a compromise in RP for me personally. You get obnoxious blues saying 'don't kill loads of people in one place then', but as said before if we see someone we should kill them, and even if we didn't kill everyone, evidence doesn't decay, bounty hunters will be called eventually.

I say we just don't worry about it, stick in groups, and take the bounty hunters on, if we lose and go to jail, too bad, if we manage to kill them or escape, sweet.
Back to top Go down
Raith

Raith

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:46 am

Also, just because we chose not to kill someone, doesn’t mean we can’t interact with them. I’ve had a lot of fun talking with people, taunting, threatening, etc. I think things like that go a lot further to get our name out there than just Pking people (though that is tons of fun).

I’m not that concerned with bounty hunters. I think they are way underpowered. I’ve sent out numerous bounties with a GM detective, and rarely do they succeed. Two people together could probably take them out. Though I admit I have never been on the receiving end.
Back to top Go down
Cespar

Cespar

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:40 am

Great idea, and about the detectives, I'm so glad you have a GM one!

Me and Kraton were discussing this yesterday, it would be great to do some practice runs against bounty hunters as a guild to find the best way to deal with them. They've been changed recently but I've heard they have low health but high dps, so I'm guessing groups are the best way to combat them.
Back to top Go down
oldiebutadeaddie

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 4:45 am

Not that it is any of my business but I see the problem with ranks is the fact people rise above them and then land in a retired position (at least in the past).

I'm not saying ranks and rank ideas are bad but I am asking if you've established a way to recycle those who've served through the ranks (which would keep ranks and castes stable)? And do you allow for those who don't like to obtain rank or lead a way for them to stay at the bottom deaddie rank of their chosen caste?
Back to top Go down
Cespar

Cespar

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 5:24 am

The thing with Yew Militia ranks is that their are clear tough requirements for promotion, which actually include proving you can lead, that you're commited to the guild, etc.

So if we followed their example, really we'd be aiming at only a few people who are devoted to the guild getting a top rank, and if you didn't want promotion, you just wouldn't do what's required of it, or request to stay at that rank.
It's something that'd require more thought really. Who's this btw?
Back to top Go down
oldiebutadeaddie

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:51 am

Check your inbox Ces and it may explain all.
Back to top Go down
Kraton

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:20 pm

thats soooo creepy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shard Discussion/Suggestions   Shard Discussion/Suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shard Discussion/Suggestions
Page 1 of 1